You need to know your rights and responsibilities at law at the same time as looking after your employees and business.
Employment and workplace relations govern one of your main business assets - people. Cowell Clarke’s employment law team is experienced in dealing with a broad range of employment and workplace relations matters. We work with organisations of all descriptions including small businesses, large multinational corporations and listed companies, and a number of large associations in the not‑for‑profit sector.
We have a comprehensive knowledge of the legislation and will provide timely advice across the full range of employment related issues. Our team establishes trust and supports our clients in resolving issues and managing future risk. If and when it becomes necessary we fight for our clients in the courts and tribunals.
Cowell Clarke frequently deals with sensitive employment and workplace situations. An acute sensitivity to the dynamics of the employer/employee relationship underpins our approach.
- employment and contractor agreements
- remuneration structuring including employee share and option schemes
- enterprise agreements
- union disputes and right of entry
- Fair Work Ombudsman investigations and prosecutions
- equal opportunity, discrimination and harassment
- ICAC investigations
- post-employment restraints and breach of confidentiality
- workplace health and safety and workplace incidents
- misconduct investigations and representation
- workers compensation
- unfair dismissal, general protections and underpayment claims