Building, construction and infrastructure are competitive and dynamic industries. Our clients seek our expertise to manage their risks and resolve their disputes.
The demands of the marketplace, coupled with regular changes in legislation, means industry participants must constantly navigate and contend with complex issues and risks. Our approach to drafting construction contracts and dispute resolution focuses on identifying and dealing with risks to achieve efficient and commercial outcomes.
Our clients include large and medium sized contractors, property developers, professional services providers including engineers, architects and project managers, Australia’s largest private and public shopping centre owners, commercial and retail property owners, local government, and private and family owned property groups.
Cowell Clarke understands the need for fast turnaround, particularly with construction documentation and disputes, and we are practised at supporting clients with efficient, prompt and commercial advice.
- procurement advice
- alternative contract approaches and structuring
- construction contract drafting and negotiation, including:
- significant property developments
- infrastructure projects - including high profile CBD developments with complex public interface
- large civil and mining projects
- projects involving construction and project management
- design and construction contracts, fixed price contracts and GMP models
- initiating and defending Security of Payments claims in all Australian jurisdictions
- complex disputes concerning the assessment of defective work, delay and variation claims and the full range of contract disputes
- claims for professional negligence
- litigation and arbitration
- alternative dispute resolution including mediation
- employment and workplace relations
- regulatory advice, governance and compliance
- specialist tax advice