Lenders, borrowers and security providers, both within Australia and overseas, seek our legal and commercial advice in all areas of banking and financing law.
Cowell Clarke provides a full range of services for lenders, borrowers and security providers. This includes standalone financing transactions, commercial transactions and due diligence, as well as restructuring and corporate insolvency, taxation, stamp duty and asset management advice.
We work on both sides of a transaction; with businesses, property and corporate borrowers and banks and non-bank lenders and have extensive experience with offshore lenders. Clients seek our support on a range of financing structures, including hybrid and convertible notes, project finance, loan and equity structuring. We also advise on hedging and other derivative transactions, including ISDAs, as well as regulatory advice, financial services and credit banking and licensing.
In addition to advice, our team supports negotiation and documentation of all areas of banking and financing law.
- loan and equity structuring, including facility terms and conditions
- corporate and institutional credit facilities, club and syndicated loans
- hybrid and convertible note financing structures
- project finance, mezzanine financing and trade finance
- credit support including security interests, guarantees and other third party arrangements
- inter-creditor, priority deed and subordination arrangements
- hedging and other derivative transactions, including ISDAs
- payment processing and acquiring
- in-bound financing by off shore lenders and associated licensing and compliance
- loan to own or debt for equity conversions
- debt restructuring and enforcement
- special purpose and private financing
- letters of credit, bank guarantees and letters of support or comfort
- regulatory advice, financial services and credit and banking licensing