There are few things more vital in protecting the property interests of a business than a thorough understanding of the Personal Property Securities Act.
The PPSA was introduced to replace the myriad of regulations across jurisdictions related to the preferential rights to tangible and intangible property. While this has resulted in the creation of a single national register with a uniform body of rules, compliance can be anything but simple. An incorrect or incomplete asset registration can have a devastating impact on a business’s balance sheet.
Cowell Clarke's team of specialists can assist in relation to all aspects of the PPSA. We have advised a range of clients on registration, search, compliance and their implications on commercial contracts, property, intellectual property, construction, banking and finance, insolvency and disputes.
We have also assisted in training staff and practitioners to undertake asset registrations and searches on the PPS Register with confidence and success.
- Introducing practical procedures to help manage the implications of the PPSA
- Practical guides regarding the registration, amending and discharging of a security interest on the PPS Register
- PPS Register training for staff who will be undertaking registrations and searches
- Preparation and/or amendment to terms and conditions requiring compliance
Preparation, review and advice in relation to PPSA security documents including General Security Agreements
- Advice on registration disputes that have been challenged by insolvency practitioners
- Advising insolvency practitioners on availability of assets following administration or liquidation
- Training insolvency practitioners to increase their knowledge and skills in the PPSA