Cowell Clarke acts for individuals as well as corporations, directors and professionals such as auditors, engineers and architects in relation to professional indemnity and other insurance claims.
We provide strategic advice around formulating and instigating claims and will work closely with your insurance broker if relevant. We are experienced in negotiating settlements of these claims and, if necessary, drafting, issuing and prosecuting legal proceedings with a clear focus on implementing a strategy to resolve claims, such as formal facilitation or mediation before trial.
We have more than 30 years’ experience in assisting professionals with professional indemnity claims, and claims made against directors for any breach of their duties. We also have much experience in making risk assessments and reviewing insurance portfolios and can work with your broker to ensure you have reasonable cover at a reasonable price.
We also have experience in assisting clients to tender for their insurance to ensure that they obtain the best insurance product at the best price.
- Defending some of the largest claims made against directors for alleged breaches of duty and insolvent trading.
- Acted for auditors, accountants, and engineers in relation to substantial professional negligence claims made against them.
- Successfully defending and/or negotiating commercial settlements in relation to some of the largest insolvent trading claims made in South Australia against directors.
- Prosecuted claims by individual clients for substantial trauma insurance and total and permanent disability insurance claims.
- Reviewing client commercial insurance portfolios and risk generally.