Cowell Clarke not only acts for individuals but also corporations, directors and professionals such as auditors, engineers and architects in relation to professional indemnity and other insurance claims.
In relation to individuals, we make claims for disability, trauma and total and permanent disability. We provide strategic advice around formulating and instigating claims. We will work closely with your insurance broker if relevant. We are experienced in negotiating settlements of these claims and, if not settled at an early stage, drafting and issuing and prosecuting legal proceedings with a clear focus on implementing a strategy to resolve your claim, such as formal facilitation or mediation before trial.
If insurers deny claims, we have much experience in negotiating settlements or prosecuting claims against insurance companies.
We have had 30 years’ experience in assisting professionals with professional indemnity claims, and claims made against directors for any breach of their duties.
We also have much experience in making risk assessments and reviewing insurance portfolios. Again, we quite often work with your broker to ensure you have reasonable cover at a reasonable price.
We also have experience in assisting clients to tender for their insurance to ensure that they obtain the best insurance product at the best price.
- Defending some of the largest claims made against directors for alleged breaches of duty and insolvent trading.
- Acted for auditors, accountants and engineers in relation to substantial professional negligence claims made against them.
- Successfully defending and/or negotiating commercial settlements in relation to some of the largest insolvent trading claims made in South Australia against directors.
- Prosecuted claims by individual clients for substantial trauma insurance and total and permanent disability insurance claims.
- Reviewing client commercial insurance portfolios and risk generally.