Do you know your customer? Significant changes to the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth) may affect your business.
Cowell Clarke’s financial services team has extensive expertise in dealing with and managing Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing (AML/CTF) compliance and risks. We provide a full range of legal and regulatory services to reporting entities under the AML/CTF Act to assist them in ensuring that they are meeting their ongoing compliance obligations and other sanctions regulations both in Australia and overseas.
Our services include:
- Acting as regulator liaison.
- Providing forensic compliance and governance reviews in the style undertaken by local regulators such as AUSTRAC.
- Providing specialist legal advice in relation to managing money laundering, terrorism financing and sanction risks.
- Assisting with the enrolment of reporting entities with AUSTRAC.
- Drafting AML/CTF Programs, risk appetite statement/policy.
- Reviewing AML/CTF programs, customer on-boarding process and due diligence and AML/CTF controls.
- Providing independent audits.
- Advising on practical tips for managing your AML/CTF compliance risks.
- Assisting with your day-to-day AML/CTF compliance issues.
Find out more
To find out more and get started, please submit the enquiry form below.