We advise APRA regulated and SMSF superannuation trustees, promoters, advisers and industry participants on legal and regulatory aspects of operations.
We have expertise in tax implications for superannuation funds and APRA, ASIC and ATO regulation of superannuation funds. Our clients appreciate that we are not just providing legal services but support their daily operations with practical advice and efficient solutions.
For APRA regulated funds, we have the capability to assist trustees, promoters, advisers and other participants in:
- fund structuring including licensing, compliance, tax and duty considerations
- preparation and review of fund documentation
- preparation and review of disclosure documents and member documentation
- regulatory advice and preparation and review of compliance documentation and dealing with regulators
- negotiating and documenting arrangements between participants including trustees, investment managers and custodians
- due diligence on mergers and successor fund transfers.
For SMSFs we assist trustees, advisers and other participants in:
- establishing SMSFs including structuring, compliance, tax and duty considerations
- SIS Act compliance for SMSFs and advice on regulatory obligations for SMSF auditors
- advice and documentation concerning SMSF pensions
- death benefit planning including preparation and advice on binding death benefit nominations and reversionary pensions
- succession planning associated with SMSFs.
Peter Slegers and Nicole Santinon of the Tax & Revenue and Superannuation Groups have recently released the SMSF Income Stream Guide. Click here for more information.